When you have an illness, sometimes you have to be selfish and just focus on yourself. It takes so much energy to try and please everyone else and it’s not worth all the emotional and physical stress. You have to do what’s best for you, even if other people are critical of you or don’t understand. You know your body better than anyone else and you can decide what activities you can and can’t do.
what i needed to hear today
attn social justice bloggers: stop using empathy to mean “basic human decency”. ppl can have low empathy and still be moral and compassionate and good, and if the only thing keeping you from being completely morally bankrupt is that it would make you feel bad, you’re probably not so upstanding yourself.
Children are not possessions.
Children are not accessories.
Children are not relationship band aids.
They are tiny people with the same amount of feelings as an adult.
But with less capacity to process, express and healthily contain those feelings when necessary.
Be kind to them.
benefits of being friends with me
- shitty jokes whenever you ask for them
- shitty jokes whenever you don’t ask for them
my toaster caught on fire like 10 minutes after i woke up from my nap this is great
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere